10 Ways to Spruce Up Your Home For Spring
Out with the old and in with the new. While it would be great to start completely fresh with your home when warm weather arrives, it can be simple to make some small additions and changes to your home to give it a fresh feeling. Here are a few tips for bringing in springtime!
- Be Prepared. With the time coming to spend your days outside, it’s smart to be proactive and stock your home for spring and summer fun. Take a peek in your medicine cabinet or closet and make sure you have all of those warm weather essentials, like sunscreen, band aids, bug spray and aloe vera gel.
- Go Green. Stock up on plants that do double duty work. Plant some mint for a refreshing addition to spring dishes or get a potted aloe plant to help ease the injuries that sometimes come with warm-weather adventures.
- Pick a New Fragrance. Choosing a candle scent to fill your home this spring can be a challenge. But with scents like Magnolia and Papaya and Bamboo, we have something for you no matter what your scent style. Flowery, fruity and everywhere in-between – spring is already smelling sweet.
- Stock your Kitchen Berry Well. Don’t forget the kitchen when it comes to preparing your home for spring. With delicious fruits coming into season now, it’s the perfect time to add them to your dishes or grab them as healthy snacks on the go so that you can munch guilt-free at soccer practice or a meeting.
- Get Colorful. Which colors are “in” this spring? According to Pantone, Dusk Blue, Tender Shoots, Lemon Zest, Linen, Poppy Red, Emerald, Grayed Jade, African Violet, Monaco Blue and Nectarine! Choosing a new linen palette or doing a mini bathroom remodel in a fun new color can be just what you need to bring the brightness of spring into your home.
- Fun Finds. When spring hits, yard sales pop up begin to pop up everywhere. Get a discounted new look for your home by hunting for great yard sale finds. Research useful DIY projects so that you can be on the lookout for old items that you can use in new ways.
- Top to Bottom Clean. This is an obvious one, but remembering to take time for spring cleaning can be a challenge. Block off one weekend in your schedule to clean the house from top to bottom without being distracted. It will only take 48 hours to start the season off on the right foot!
- Choose New Curtains. You’re going to be spending a lot of time looking out the window this spring, so you should own curtains that you enjoy looking at! Changing your curtains to a lighter or brighter fabric is a small fix that you can make in order to better enjoy letting some light in.
- Mirror, Mirror. And once you’ve let the light in, help with spread by adding mirrors to your décor. The reflected light will brighten up your space and make small rooms look bigger.
- Make an Entrance. Before opening up your home to entertain this spring, remember how important it is to make a good first impression. Jazz up your entranceway with a new coat rack, piece of art, fresh flowers or welcome mat. Your guests will feel welcome right from the start so that they can enjoy an evening of grilling and good friends.
No need to hire an interior decorator to bring some freshness into your home. Make some minor adjustments in your home and sprucing up your space will be a spring breeze.
The Candle of Hope
As we’re sure that most of you know, the month of October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In recognition of this, Scentations invites you to bring home a pink Candle of Hope today and help us support the fight against breast cancer tomorrow.
Each 7 oz. glass candle comes in a decorative gift box, tied together with a pink ribbon. The particular story behind these gift boxes is very near and dear to our hearts, as this entire project was inspired by the passing of Jo Larsen, one of Scentations’ founding owners. On the label of each Candle of Hope box, her name now joins those of friends and family members who have fought and survived breast cancer.
Not only will this candle bring you the sweet scent of crisp, fresh linen delicately blended with Mediterranean lavender, but it also gives you the opportunity to give back. With each candle sold, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to further breast cancer awareness efforts, as well as the continued search for a cure.
It is our hope that the Candle of Hope will someday bare a label with no names, as a cure will then have been found. Please visit our site today to purchase a candle for yourself and all of the inspirational women in your life, and be a part of the fight against breast cancer.
Well, it’s official; as Labor Day has come and gone, summer is officially over and it’s time for school to start back up. You’ve got a million and one things on your plate and now you can add a dozen more tasks into the mix as the kids need lunches packed, help with their homework and rides to and from baseball and ballet. Where do you find time to relax? How can you possibly stay calm, cool and collected with all of that to worry about?
Just because the season of relaxation has ended, does not mean that the peaceful, calming atmosphere has to go away with it. At Scentations, we have a variety of products available in a scent we like to call, Life’s Blessings. A happy combination of candied apple, orange peel, coconut and sweet vanilla, the Life’s Blessings aroma is a pure comfort. A hint of cinnamon adds warmth and unity for a mellow fragrance that inspires contentment.
Available in everything from Reed Diffusers and Potpourri, to Room Spray, Scented Pillar Candles and Square Glass Candles and more, the scent of Life’s Blessings can be enjoyed in so many great ways. When it feels like the world is just spinning at warp-speed around you, indulge yourself in this happy, mellow fragrance of Life’s Blessings. It won’t be long before the stress seems to slip away and everything starts to slow down. There are too many blessings in life to worry about the little things. Be sure to take a moment to sit and enjoy them!
Cure the End-of-Summer Blues with the Fragrance of Autumn!
We’re sure that no one particularly wants to see summer come to an end, but the fact is that for those of us that aren’t lucky enough to live in a tropical location, it’s inevitable. Before we know it, autumn is going to come sweeping in on us, bringing the breezy weather with it.
While we’re not too fond of that idea, what we do enjoy about this season is all of the wonderful scents that come along with it. Here at Scentations, we have a great selection of autumn scented candles, including Pumpkin and Sparkling Cider Candles.
For all of you candle lovers out there, we’re sure that you’ve become big fans of what are called, pillar candles over the years, and so have we! Problem is, a lot of other candle and home décor companies sell these beautiful candles but they’re all flame and no fragrance. When you order a Pumpkin Pillar Candle from Scentations, we’re not calling it “pumpkin” because it’s orange – we’re calling it that because it actually smells like a pumpkin. With us, you can always rest assured that you don’t have to sacrifice the scent you love for the style you adore.
Now while some you folks may like being able to physically light a match and watch the flame move over the scented candle, we’re sure there are just as many of you who are looking for the fragrance without all the hassle. If you find yourself falling into that category, we have a few other options for you.
This upcoming autumn, treat yourself to seasonal scents in a way that requires little to no maintenance at all. Just place a bowl of Sparkling Cider or Pumpkin Scented Potpourri in your favorite room and let the smell envelope the whole house. Or for a more clean and elegant look, try using one of our Reed Diffusers!
Whichever source you choose to use, the end result will always be the same: you’ll forget your end-of-summer blues and look forward to all the sights and fragrances autumn has to offer!
Seaside Collection at Scentations
You want your home to feel like a relaxing beach in the summer, right? Everyone does. In fact, it wouldn’t be half bad to feel like that all year round.
That’s why we’ve created the seaside collection. Fill your home with the Seaside Collection’s reed diffusers, candles and potpourri for a constant escape to the sea!
The calm, light blue colors allow for a soft appeal on the eyes, while the scents of the ocean and sea grass promote revitalization of mind and spirit. We even offer this scent in our Chateau Collection urn.
So, promote relaxation and renewal of mind in your home with the Seaside Collection and feel free to browse our other collections today!
Candle Holder Options
We all love our scented candles. They offer a little light, they smell great and they look nice wherever you put them. Of course, you can’t just leave a candle on a mantle or window sill without something to hold it, unless you want to run the risk of getting wax all over the place. So, you’ll need something to hold your fragrance candles. For this, you have a lot of options.
Of course, there’s always something like our rustic chateau collection. After burning the candles in these beautiful pieces of pottery down, you can reuse them for other candles in the future. The add a great bit of class to any home and act as a practical decoration.
Other choices include things like candle sticks. You can find these anywhere, and you can probably improvise and make them on your own.
One other option is the lantern. You could modify an antique oil lamp to fit a candle. Really, anything that resembles a lantern and allows for air flow makes a great candle holding solution.
When it comes down to it, if it looks nice and prevents wax from getting on your furniture, it’ll work. Feel free to think outside of the box too. Try something weird or unconventional or even make something on your own.
The Benefits of Reed Diffusers
We all love our scented candles and various aromatic products. But, let’s be honest, it would be nice for our fresh scents to come without requiring a match, lighter or wall outlet. While we certainly don’t mean to downplay candles—considering their classic aesthetic and appeal—wouldn’t you like to not worry about flames, wax or smoke?\
Reed diffusers offer an incredible venue for soothing aromas without the need to light a match or fuss over wax and post-burn smoke. They work through capillary action, pulling the essential oils through natural grown reeds and atomizing scents into the air—filling the room constantly for weeks to months (depending on the amount of oil). They only require a weekly flipping and they can fit almost anywhere in a room.
The lack of heat to produce the aroma benefits the quality of atomized oils, seeing as the heat from candles, incense or plug-in devices alters the molecular structure of the oils. Therefore, with reed diffusers, you truly receive the full benefit from the oils, for a constant relaxing sensation in your home.